In today's newest Money Mule recruitment scam, the criminals have sent a broad-blast email with email subjects such as:
job in USA
The "From:" email is widely scattered with nearly every email forging a different from email address, but most use the from name of either "Employees Needed" or "Job Offer".
The scam emails began arriving around 6:35 AM today, and we've already received more than 500 copies in the UAB Spam Data Mine.
The website advertised in the scam is based in China, currently hosted on the IP 22.214.171.124 in Shanghai China and has the address:
Here's the text of their job description from that site:
Location: USA, statewide
Availability: currently available
Employment type: Part-time employment
Number of employees required: 5
* not less than 21 years old
* internet access to reply emails promptly
* availability by phone (1-2 hours a day)
* a bank account to process payments
* good credit history with your bank (new bank account is an option)
* no criminal offense or convictions
* experience in the field of finance is preferred
We are searching for people to process payments coming from our clients. ABCWebDesign will provide an agent with detailed instructions as regards payment processing operations including sender full name and amount total for each separate case.
When funds enter employee's bank account, Financial Agent's duty is to withdraw cash and transfer the funds via Western Union/Money Gram money transfer systems. The main advantage of our services is the shortest possible time within which the seller can receive money for the services sold. If this operation is delayed, our clients are entitled to cancel their contract with us and we suffer financial loss. Therefore, successful applicant must be very responsible and careful!
TRIAL PERIOD POLICY
Successful applicants are offered the position on a probationary period basis (1 month). This is the period when a new employee will be trained and receive online support while working and being paid. A personal supervisor can recommend termination during/after the trial period depending on agent's activity. New employee should be responsible and strictly follow supervisor's recommendations to pass the Probationary Period successfully and be employed by us on a regular basis.
During the probationary period we offer $500 monthly salary plus 5% commission for each payment processing operation. For example, an average $5,000 payment will entail $400 commission. A successful agent may ask for additional tasks and earn more Base salary ($500) will be transferred at the end of each month to employee's bank account. Commission (5%) is to be deducted from the processed money.
* Financial Agent is supposed to process received assets during one business day, i.e. from the moment of money entering his bank account to the moment of re-send to our client in accordance with contract terms. If money enters employee's account on a day-off or holiday, all payment processing procedures have to be completed during the next working day.
* Financial Agent receives invoices for each transaction every 14 days. This document is a confirmation of transaction validity, and in case of any (if any at all) unforeseen circumstances it will evidence your personal non-participation. All invoices will contain detailed information on money sender and will be both sealed and certified with President's signature.
*After the Probationary Period completion, invoices will be sent every business day.
* Since business transfers can be processed with delays, Financial Manager should specify each transfer as a private remittance. This provision is also applicable in case of a third party interest in the transfer.
* Our clients appreciate our operational efficiency and are ready to pay extra fee for shorter transaction terms.
* The fees for Western Union and MoneyGram transfers are paid by our company. Absolutely nothing is subtracted from your commission; you get exactly 5% from amount. The fees will be discounted from the money that you will send via Western Union or MoneyGram transfers.
* We don't ask for any investment to start cooperating with our company.
* The company offers incentive bonus program based on work results with regard to several factors, i.e. total sum of money transferred, payment processing time, etc.
Probationary period imposes restrictions on the employment benefits of our corporation. Financial Manager will be able to receive ABCWebDesign employment benefits only after probationary period completion. Employment benefits will include:
* stock options
* child-care subsidies
* business casual attire
* free training and professional development programs
*Detailed information concerning the employment benefits will be provided after probationary period successful completion.
If you have a desire to work send us your CV (resume) to email@example.com
You can send us this application form instead of CV also.
WORK EXPERIENCE (years):
MOBILE or HOME NUMBER:
As soon as we receive your CV (preferred) or application form we call you
with the result of accepting you to our job position and further details.
A: Tarnow, ul. Wałowa 4 1B, 51-326 Poland
T: +48 22 389 7067
(The telephone number belongs to a real company in Poland, City Web Design - city-pl.com. Its very common for these fake job sites to steal a real company's website as the base for their Money Mule website.)
There are so many, many interest things hosted on this IP address, but since this blog entry is primarily about career scams, I'll mention one other in particular.
Is also on the same IP address in China as the Money Mule site above. This business consists of receiving packages at your home address, and shipping those packages overseas. Criminals establish these "Reshipper" jobs to allow them to buy products online with stolen credit cards and ship them to "less suspicious" addresses here in the United States. Orders made with American credit cards and foreign delivery addresses are treated with a higher level of scrutiny by merchants, so the criminals avoid that by tricking Americans into working for them through attractive career offerings like this one:
The advertisement on this site reads:
The Next Stage of Your Career Starts Here
Jobs come and go. But a rewarding career is a lifelong goal - achieved over time. Working at The Shipping Company Limited offers career-building opportunities, many exciting challenges and the satisfaction of knowing you can make a difference.
We are always looking for the best people to join our growing team. As a diversified services company, we have a wide range of exciting career opportunities. So whether you're just starting out or looking to set a whole new career direction, The Shipping Company Limited can help make it happen.
Are you driven by new challenges every day? Do you love to work with people? If you prefer to be in charge of your own destiny, then Authorized Agent Job may be the right career path for you. In our training program, you'll get valuable hands-on experience and could be on your way to running your own business.
About the Authorized Agent
Every day we support our customers from developing countries to purchase goods in the major trading platforms worldwide, while Authorized Agent's job is focused on receiving goods from the trading platforms and further sending them to our customers. As a Authorized Agent, you'll have an opportunity to:
* Establish your own schedule.
* Grow personally and professionally.
* Control your income level.
* Make a real impact with members and within local communities.
As a The Shipping Company Limited Authorized Agent, your salary is just part of the compensation package offered. We understand you have responsibilities both at work and at home, therefore we offer a wide range of flexible benefits designed to provide opportunity, protection, and security for you and your family.
The Shipping Company Limited offers:
* Highly competitive compensation and income potential
* Exceptional, comprehensive training to get you started plus ongoing learning opportunities.
Exciting opportunities await you if you qualify to be a The Shipping Company Limited Co. Authorized Agent. Job requirements:
* Obtain and maintain:
1. PC, Internet, E-mail user-level skills
2. Mailing/Dispatching prior experience;
* Be eligible for adult employment with C&T Shipment Service.
* Any additional employment is not a hindrance as long as you have 3-4 hours a day free.
* Eligible to work long-term.
Frequently Asked Questions
The opportunity is here. The potential for success is unlimited.
>>> Apply now <<< .
IMPORTANT: Your detailed CV in MS Word format will considerably facilitate our choice.
If you or anyone you know has gotten mixed up in one of these Money Mule or Reshipper schemes, its important that you contact law enforcement. Please save any emails, either recruitment emails or instruction emails, that you receive from the criminals, because these can help law enforcement to identify who the criminals are and where they are located!
If you aren't sure where to report it, this or any other cybercrime can be reported to the Internet Crime & Complaint Center on their website at ic3.gov.